Skip to main content

Review: Holding on Tighter by Shayla Black

Holding on Tighter is another book I read in February and just now am reviewing! Any fan of Erotic Romance knows the name Shayla Black.  This is the 12th book in her Wicked Lovers series, and it's a good solid addition.

The main characters include Jolie Quinn, who is a woman in charge.  She has big goals and knows what she needs to do to get them accomplished.  Heath Powell is recovering from personal tragedy and wants to stay clear of any attachment.  However Jolie and her company become a target and she suddenly needs to rely on someone else to help protect the things she loves.

The sparks between the two characters are evident, but they both are fighting not only their desires but also their true feelings. Watching them sort that out is a lot of sexy fun!  One of the best parts was catching up with past characters of the other books, seeing the big extended family these people have created was truly special.

Thanks NetGalley for the advanced readers copy of this one!
4/5 stars on GoodReads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis

Jill Shalvis is spot on with her new Heartbreaker Bay series...I haven't been disappointed yet! The Trouble with Mistletoe is the second in the series after Sweet Little Lie s.  This story features pet shop owner Willa Davis and the very sexy contractor/developer Keane Winters.  Willa knew Keane in high school, but it turns out he doesn't remember her.  Luckily for everyone Keane is now a very nice man, and the sparks between the two fly almost from the first page.  When you throw in an adorable kitchen, a cast of colorful characters and the magic Jill Shalvis creates with her writing and this one is a winner! Highly recommended! Rated 4/5 on Goodreads and recommended to Libraryreads. Thanks to Edelweiss for the advanced reader's copy...I enjoyed this one!

Review: Fat Fridays by Judith Keim

I wasn't going to review this one on my blog because, frankly, I didn't like it.  But then I decided that my blog shouldn't just be about books I like, it should be honest reviews about all books good and bad. The premise of the book was promising, the main character Sukie is rebuilding her life after her husband leaves her for another women.  A common theme with women's fiction books.  Sukie learns to rely on her friends, and makes new friends while she discovers who she is when she is alone.  I love this type of story line and it was probably the best part of the book, but it was hard to read, rushed and all over the place. The characters, to me, just didn't seem real and I had trouble connecting to them.  To me this is the cornerstone of a women't fiction novel and without it I just couldn't get into the book.  This one had a lot of promise but didn't deliver. Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced readers copy in exchange for this honest review...

Review: Always a Cowboy by Linda Lael Miller

I have been enjoying this Carsons of Mustang Creek series.  They are light, fun and entertaining reads - and really who doesn't love a cowboy story? Book two Always a Cowboy features Drake Carson, in charge of the family ranch. He is devoted to the animals and the land.  He is all cowboy, all the time.  His biggest challenge of late is managing the wild horses on his land, the stallion is running off with some of his other horses. Luce Hale is a graduate student intent on studying and saving the wild horse population.  Sparks fly between Luce and Drake right away and the attraction is instant.  They work together to come up with a plan that works for everyone and fall in love in the process. It's a solid story and a lot of fun.  If you are a fan of sexy cowboys and western romances this one is for you! Start with book one - Once a Rancher . 3/5 stars on Goodreads.