Skip to main content

Review - The Secret Ingredients of Wishes by Susan Bishop Crispell

First, thanks to Edelweiss for the Advanced Readers Copy.  I always like to try new authors.  Susan Bishop Crispell qualifies as a new author.

This one was just OK for me...it had a lot of good things going for it, and I didn't hate it.  But it wasn't my favorite and I had a hard time staying engaged with the story.  I usually don't mind a book with magic in the story line, but this one I had a hard time with.  Rachel was a good character, but I didn't always find her and the others around her believable.  It lacked a bit of it's magic for me.

An OK read, I loved the baking sections.

3/5 stars on Goodreads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis

Jill Shalvis is spot on with her new Heartbreaker Bay series...I haven't been disappointed yet! The Trouble with Mistletoe is the second in the series after Sweet Little Lie s.  This story features pet shop owner Willa Davis and the very sexy contractor/developer Keane Winters.  Willa knew Keane in high school, but it turns out he doesn't remember her.  Luckily for everyone Keane is now a very nice man, and the sparks between the two fly almost from the first page.  When you throw in an adorable kitchen, a cast of colorful characters and the magic Jill Shalvis creates with her writing and this one is a winner! Highly recommended! Rated 4/5 on Goodreads and recommended to Libraryreads. Thanks to Edelweiss for the advanced reader's copy...I enjoyed this one!

Review: Fat Fridays by Judith Keim

I wasn't going to review this one on my blog because, frankly, I didn't like it.  But then I decided that my blog shouldn't just be about books I like, it should be honest reviews about all books good and bad. The premise of the book was promising, the main character Sukie is rebuilding her life after her husband leaves her for another women.  A common theme with women's fiction books.  Sukie learns to rely on her friends, and makes new friends while she discovers who she is when she is alone.  I love this type of story line and it was probably the best part of the book, but it was hard to read, rushed and all over the place. The characters, to me, just didn't seem real and I had trouble connecting to them.  To me this is the cornerstone of a women't fiction novel and without it I just couldn't get into the book.  This one had a lot of promise but didn't deliver. Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced readers copy in exchange for this honest review...

Review: Always a Cowboy by Linda Lael Miller

I have been enjoying this Carsons of Mustang Creek series.  They are light, fun and entertaining reads - and really who doesn't love a cowboy story? Book two Always a Cowboy features Drake Carson, in charge of the family ranch. He is devoted to the animals and the land.  He is all cowboy, all the time.  His biggest challenge of late is managing the wild horses on his land, the stallion is running off with some of his other horses. Luce Hale is a graduate student intent on studying and saving the wild horse population.  Sparks fly between Luce and Drake right away and the attraction is instant.  They work together to come up with a plan that works for everyone and fall in love in the process. It's a solid story and a lot of fun.  If you are a fan of sexy cowboys and western romances this one is for you! Start with book one - Once a Rancher . 3/5 stars on Goodreads.