Skip to main content

Recommended Reading!

I have not been posting a lot!  The back to school season has been rough with updating schedules, sporting and school events, working full time and adding a dog to our family!  I have been reading and listening to books though!  Here are a few I loved the last few weeks!



Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis:
I finally got around to reading the first in the new Heartbreaker Bay series!  I read and reviewed the second one recently.  Click HERE for that post!  This one was just as fun as the first one.  I loved Pru and Finn's story.  I am really looking forward to the next ones in this series.




Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbinson:
I liked this one a lot more than the last one I read by her.  This story featured former best friends who have known each other since high school, Allie and Oliva.  Also, in the mix was their friend Noah who found himself in the middle of the two when they had a falling out.  Relationships needed to be renewed and the girls find out that friendships may change but they can last.



Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover by Sarah MacLean:
This one has been on my list for a long time!  I finally got around to it and wasn't disappointed.  I loved the hero Duncan West, imposing newspaper man and Lady Georgiana, a ruined sister of a duke who has her own secrets!  The chemistry between them was powerful and also the feeling that their situation was a little bit helpless.  Very satisfying!




Just Kiss Me by Rachel Gibson:
So much fun!  Vivian returns home after a long time away having made it big.  She never expects to find the boy next door is still around, and so much more fun than she remembers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis

Jill Shalvis is spot on with her new Heartbreaker Bay series...I haven't been disappointed yet! The Trouble with Mistletoe is the second in the series after Sweet Little Lie s.  This story features pet shop owner Willa Davis and the very sexy contractor/developer Keane Winters.  Willa knew Keane in high school, but it turns out he doesn't remember her.  Luckily for everyone Keane is now a very nice man, and the sparks between the two fly almost from the first page.  When you throw in an adorable kitchen, a cast of colorful characters and the magic Jill Shalvis creates with her writing and this one is a winner! Highly recommended! Rated 4/5 on Goodreads and recommended to Libraryreads. Thanks to Edelweiss for the advanced reader's copy...I enjoyed this one!

Review: Fat Fridays by Judith Keim

I wasn't going to review this one on my blog because, frankly, I didn't like it.  But then I decided that my blog shouldn't just be about books I like, it should be honest reviews about all books good and bad. The premise of the book was promising, the main character Sukie is rebuilding her life after her husband leaves her for another women.  A common theme with women's fiction books.  Sukie learns to rely on her friends, and makes new friends while she discovers who she is when she is alone.  I love this type of story line and it was probably the best part of the book, but it was hard to read, rushed and all over the place. The characters, to me, just didn't seem real and I had trouble connecting to them.  To me this is the cornerstone of a women't fiction novel and without it I just couldn't get into the book.  This one had a lot of promise but didn't deliver. Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced readers copy in exchange for this honest review...

Review - The Island House by Nancy Thayer

Anyone who knows what books I enjoy, knows by now that I love any book that features summer, the beach, an island or any combination of those things.   The Island House didn't disappoint.  I love Thayer's books that are set on the island of Nantucket, I love reading about the families who summer there and the families that stay there all year long. This book was exciting because it not only featured a family who lives on Nantucket year round, the Vickerey's, but also their "summer children".  The main focus of this novel is Courtney who was college roommates with Robin Vickerey.  Courtney has fallen in love with Robin's brother James, but has many unanswered questions about their relationship.  Also, someone from Courtney's past appears and makes her wonder if she knows her own heart. Although I enjoyed this book a lot, it wasn't quite as well written as some of Nancy Thayer's other books.  Rated 3/5 stars on Goodreads.