Skip to main content

Upcoming September Books

Is anyone else having trouble getting their reading fix in during the Olympics?  I admit I adore the Olympics and have been pretty much watching them 24/7.  However, I am quite aware that summer is on its last legs and soon it will be fall.  I am looking forward to the routine that brings our household, with the boys back in school, but also am looking forward to curling up with my books on a cool fall night. 

With that being said here is a short list of books that are due to be out in September that I am anticipating greatly! 

September 6th, 2016
Leave Me by Gayle Forman
The Homeplace by Kevin Wolf
Secret Ingredients of Wishes by Susan Bishop Crispell
Loves Sweet Revenge by Rosanne Bittner
Forks Over Knives Family: Every Parent’s Guide to Raising Healthy, Happy Kids on a Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet by Alona Pulde and Matthew Lederman

September 27th, 2016
The Promise Kitchen by Peggy Lampman
Perks of Loving a Scoundrel by Jennifer McQuiston
Do You Want to Start a Scandal by Tessa Dare
Healthiest Diet on Planet by Dr. John McDougall
The Life She Wants by Robyn Carr
Snowfall of Haven Point by RaeAnne Thayne



I am very interested in reading the cookbook Forks Over Knives Family, because I love to try new recipes and who doesn’t want to have something tasty and new to feed their family?  On the fiction from I am most looking forward to Robyn Carr’s new book!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis

Jill Shalvis is spot on with her new Heartbreaker Bay series...I haven't been disappointed yet! The Trouble with Mistletoe is the second in the series after Sweet Little Lie s.  This story features pet shop owner Willa Davis and the very sexy contractor/developer Keane Winters.  Willa knew Keane in high school, but it turns out he doesn't remember her.  Luckily for everyone Keane is now a very nice man, and the sparks between the two fly almost from the first page.  When you throw in an adorable kitchen, a cast of colorful characters and the magic Jill Shalvis creates with her writing and this one is a winner! Highly recommended! Rated 4/5 on Goodreads and recommended to Libraryreads. Thanks to Edelweiss for the advanced reader's copy...I enjoyed this one!

Review: Fat Fridays by Judith Keim

I wasn't going to review this one on my blog because, frankly, I didn't like it.  But then I decided that my blog shouldn't just be about books I like, it should be honest reviews about all books good and bad. The premise of the book was promising, the main character Sukie is rebuilding her life after her husband leaves her for another women.  A common theme with women's fiction books.  Sukie learns to rely on her friends, and makes new friends while she discovers who she is when she is alone.  I love this type of story line and it was probably the best part of the book, but it was hard to read, rushed and all over the place. The characters, to me, just didn't seem real and I had trouble connecting to them.  To me this is the cornerstone of a women't fiction novel and without it I just couldn't get into the book.  This one had a lot of promise but didn't deliver. Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced readers copy in exchange for this honest review...

Review - The Island House by Nancy Thayer

Anyone who knows what books I enjoy, knows by now that I love any book that features summer, the beach, an island or any combination of those things.   The Island House didn't disappoint.  I love Thayer's books that are set on the island of Nantucket, I love reading about the families who summer there and the families that stay there all year long. This book was exciting because it not only featured a family who lives on Nantucket year round, the Vickerey's, but also their "summer children".  The main focus of this novel is Courtney who was college roommates with Robin Vickerey.  Courtney has fallen in love with Robin's brother James, but has many unanswered questions about their relationship.  Also, someone from Courtney's past appears and makes her wonder if she knows her own heart. Although I enjoyed this book a lot, it wasn't quite as well written as some of Nancy Thayer's other books.  Rated 3/5 stars on Goodreads.