Skip to main content

Week Three Update...it's a Journey

I have been living with the Weight Watcher Smart Points plan for a little over three weeks now.  I shared a bit last week about my new journey.  It was hard (and a little embarrassing) but the wonderful and supportive comments I received made it worthwhile.  I know, despite how it feels sometimes, that I am not the only one who struggles with eating right, staying active and losing weight.
My son  hunting eggs 

So I decided to go ahead and keep sharing, if I motivate just one person it's totally worth it.  And since it's currently cold, cloudy and rainy at the end of April when I am writing this, it might just motivate myself to go down to the basement and hop on my elliptical.

I weighed in Saturday, my third weigh in since joining, and was happy that I was down another 1.2 pounds, for a grand total of 7.4 pounds in three weeks.  Since it was Easter week and my goal was to stay the same I felt super happy to have a loss.  Especially since the scale was up more than I would have liked the Monday after Easter.

Easter was a rough food day.  I planned ahead, calculated all of the points and felt good with eating most of my extra weekly points in one day.  I also took my long run (training for a race, relay at the Eau Claire half marathon with friends) that morning, 4.5 miles, so I had burned a bunch of calories.  I stuck with my plan over the lunch hour.  But then we hung out at my mother in laws house, visiting and chatting and doing a Easter Egg hunt with the kids.  It was all great.  And then, before we left, the food came back out.  What did I do?  I ate.  Again.  I used up all my extra weekly points, my daily points and then some.  I tracked the food and decided not to beat myself up.  Easter only comes once a year, and we don't eat like that on a daily basis.  I told myself I would get back on track Monday, and eat only my daily points the rest of the week.
Easter 4.5 mile run...

Deciding to give myself a break was the best thing I could have done this week.  In the past I often would fall into a pattern, where I would overeat, and then think well I already gained weight this week the whole week is ruined.  Then I would overeat the whole week.  I didn't think that once all of last week!

Thanks again for all of the kind comments and thoughts this last week, it's encouraging to me, and I now know that sharing is part of my journey, if I could do this alone I wouldn't be trying to lose weight for the billionth time.  I can't do it alone.  I have had some questions about my weekly meal prep and I have started to realize everyone's journey isn't the same, those are two things I plan to write about soon.  Now...off to the dreaded elliptical machine.  I am very sad that I can't run outside today, or even take the dog on an extra long walk, but it's almost May and more consistent weather has to be on the way.  Right?



'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Quest

I have been wanting chickens for years and years, but I am a city girl and chickens didn't seem like something I could have.  But I was wrong!  In November 2018 our city council passed a chicken ordinance and suddenly my chicken dreams seemed like they could come true! I spent last winter reading everything I could find about chickens and researching everything having to do having chickens in the city, and what types of coops would be best.  Our local pet store orders chicks from a local hatchery, and I decided to get chicks from the May shipment.  I read about each of the types of chicks in that shipment and decided to get an assortment. After confirming with the neighbors that they wouldn't object to chickens, I ordered five chicks (the maximum amount allowed by our city accordance). I decided to order two Dominiques, one Colombian Wyandotte, one Calico Princess and one Midnight Majesty Maran. Step one of the chicken quest was underway, so I started to fill out the chicke

Sunday Meal Prep

I have had several people ask me lately about my Sunday meal prep day.  This is something I have been doing pretty consistently for a while, not just since I joined Weight Watchers.  I spend a few hours in the kitchen on Sunday afternoon and prep as much food as I have the time and energy for.  Some weeks I am able to prep a lot, and some weeks just a little.  At the very least I prep my snacks for work and at least a few of my work lunches.  On a good week I can do all of my lunches and some dinner prep too.  Sometimes food prep just involves planning. I eat pretty much the same snacks every day.  My morning snack is a light string cheese, 7 almonds and an apple.  That is easy to prep.  I put the string cheese and almonds in a snack size bag and grab an apple each day.  My afternoon snack varies a bit more, but usually I have vegetables in some form so I chop as many fresh vegetables on Sunday as I can.  Easy to grab.  Sometimes I make a low point dip to dip my veggies in, and I mak