Skip to main content

A few quick reviews...

Spring has sprung, and it's going to be a little harder to read for the next two months, until long summer days come back anyway!  I read two books in the last few weeks, both from Edelweiss, so thanks Edelweiss for the review copies!  Since I didn't give full reviews, I will just do a quick review for both and say I enjoyed them both.



I enjoyed My One True Highlander by Suzanne Enoch quite a lot!  It was a fun, sexy story and as we all know I love any book set in Scotland, but it wasn't all that original.  I don't know why, but highlander's often kidnap their brides, although this time the kidnapping was indirect because it was done by Graeme's brothers.  Even though it wasn't super original, I thought the two characters were great together and had an instant chemistry.  I especially loved Marojorie's relationship with the youngest brother, who was so sweet you can't help but love him.  I am looking forward to another in the series!  4/5 stars on Goodreads



I also read and reviewed Kianna Alexander's first book in a new series called Back to Your Love.  I didn't like this one as much, but it was OK overall.  This one features Xavier and Imani, who were high school sweethearts who had a tragic breakup.   After seeing each other a wedding Xavier becomes determined to win her back.  My biggest problem is it was hard to stay involved in.  I need a book that keeps my attention away from the laundry or whatever else I have going on, and this one didn't do that.  I could put it down and it was hard to pick back up!  Overall it was good, and who doesn't love a story about two high school sweethearts making up for lost time?  I will check out book two in the series and see if that one holds my interest a little better.  3/5 stars on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Quest

I have been wanting chickens for years and years, but I am a city girl and chickens didn't seem like something I could have.  But I was wrong!  In November 2018 our city council passed a chicken ordinance and suddenly my chicken dreams seemed like they could come true! I spent last winter reading everything I could find about chickens and researching everything having to do having chickens in the city, and what types of coops would be best.  Our local pet store orders chicks from a local hatchery, and I decided to get chicks from the May shipment.  I read about each of the types of chicks in that shipment and decided to get an assortment. After confirming with the neighbors that they wouldn't object to chickens, I ordered five chicks (the maximum amount allowed by our city accordance). I decided to order two Dominiques, one Colombian Wyandotte, one Calico Princess and one Midnight Majesty Maran. Step one of the chicken quest was underway, so I started to fill out the chicke

Sunday Meal Prep

I have had several people ask me lately about my Sunday meal prep day.  This is something I have been doing pretty consistently for a while, not just since I joined Weight Watchers.  I spend a few hours in the kitchen on Sunday afternoon and prep as much food as I have the time and energy for.  Some weeks I am able to prep a lot, and some weeks just a little.  At the very least I prep my snacks for work and at least a few of my work lunches.  On a good week I can do all of my lunches and some dinner prep too.  Sometimes food prep just involves planning. I eat pretty much the same snacks every day.  My morning snack is a light string cheese, 7 almonds and an apple.  That is easy to prep.  I put the string cheese and almonds in a snack size bag and grab an apple each day.  My afternoon snack varies a bit more, but usually I have vegetables in some form so I chop as many fresh vegetables on Sunday as I can.  Easy to grab.  Sometimes I make a low point dip to dip my veggies in, and I mak

Week Three Update...it's a Journey

I have been living with the Weight Watcher Smart Points plan for a little over three weeks now.  I shared a bit last week about my new journey.  It was hard (and a little embarrassing) but the wonderful and supportive comments I received made it worthwhile.  I know, despite how it feels sometimes, that I am not the only one who struggles with eating right, staying active and losing weight. My son  hunting eggs  So I decided to go ahead and keep sharing, if I motivate just one person it's totally worth it.  And since it's currently cold, cloudy and rainy at the end of April when I am writing this, it might just motivate myself to go down to the basement and hop on my elliptical. I weighed in Saturday, my third weigh in since joining, and was happy that I was down another 1.2 pounds, for a grand total of 7.4 pounds in three weeks.  Since it was Easter week and my goal was to stay the same I felt super happy to have a loss.  Especially since the scale was up more than I wo