Skip to main content

Review - From the Sidelines by Amy Avanzion

One of my favorite things in the whole world is discovering a new author! Amy Avanzino is my new author this week, I loved From the Sidelines! One of the things I loved most about this book is how I could relate to many parts of the story even though the main character Autumn is completely different than me (I however am a mother to three boys, all who played football!). I always admire writers than can make me feel that personal connection to a character or a story. 

Autumn is an overprotective, single mom to a 10 year old boy who one day decides he wants to play football. Autumn knows nothing about sports and is not sure that this is a good idea at all. She has never thought that he was a sports type at all. However, since the end of her disastrous marriage Zachary hasn't been very happy and she wants to change that. She jumps right into the world of football, meets new people, learns how to trust herself and others and most importantly watches her son gain his footing and gain a brand new self confidence. 

I highly recommend this book, seriously you have to read it, and I am really looking forward to getting my hands on her first book! I rated it 5/5 on Goodreads!  

Thanks to NetGalley and Henry Press for the Advanced Reader's Copy!

One last thing...thanks to NetGalley and all of the publishers who have been auto approving me to read and review their books.  I have earned a new badge! This one is for reviewers have been auto approved by four or more publishers!  

 Frequently Auto-Approved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis

Jill Shalvis is spot on with her new Heartbreaker Bay series...I haven't been disappointed yet! The Trouble with Mistletoe is the second in the series after Sweet Little Lie s.  This story features pet shop owner Willa Davis and the very sexy contractor/developer Keane Winters.  Willa knew Keane in high school, but it turns out he doesn't remember her.  Luckily for everyone Keane is now a very nice man, and the sparks between the two fly almost from the first page.  When you throw in an adorable kitchen, a cast of colorful characters and the magic Jill Shalvis creates with her writing and this one is a winner! Highly recommended! Rated 4/5 on Goodreads and recommended to Libraryreads. Thanks to Edelweiss for the advanced reader's copy...I enjoyed this one!

Review: Fat Fridays by Judith Keim

I wasn't going to review this one on my blog because, frankly, I didn't like it.  But then I decided that my blog shouldn't just be about books I like, it should be honest reviews about all books good and bad. The premise of the book was promising, the main character Sukie is rebuilding her life after her husband leaves her for another women.  A common theme with women's fiction books.  Sukie learns to rely on her friends, and makes new friends while she discovers who she is when she is alone.  I love this type of story line and it was probably the best part of the book, but it was hard to read, rushed and all over the place. The characters, to me, just didn't seem real and I had trouble connecting to them.  To me this is the cornerstone of a women't fiction novel and without it I just couldn't get into the book.  This one had a lot of promise but didn't deliver. Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced readers copy in exchange for this honest review...

Review: Always a Cowboy by Linda Lael Miller

I have been enjoying this Carsons of Mustang Creek series.  They are light, fun and entertaining reads - and really who doesn't love a cowboy story? Book two Always a Cowboy features Drake Carson, in charge of the family ranch. He is devoted to the animals and the land.  He is all cowboy, all the time.  His biggest challenge of late is managing the wild horses on his land, the stallion is running off with some of his other horses. Luce Hale is a graduate student intent on studying and saving the wild horse population.  Sparks fly between Luce and Drake right away and the attraction is instant.  They work together to come up with a plan that works for everyone and fall in love in the process. It's a solid story and a lot of fun.  If you are a fan of sexy cowboys and western romances this one is for you! Start with book one - Once a Rancher . 3/5 stars on Goodreads.